Thursday, March 29, 2007

Down With the Sickness, Episode 3: Road to Recovery

Man, this bug has completely and thoroughly kicked my butt this week...at the present, I sound like I've been smoking five packs a day for 40 years. I'm hoping that's temporary...my father has compared it to a broken stereo speaker, where the sound will pop in and out midstream. I will agree with this, as long as the speaker is also continuously coughing up some rather unpleasant looking stuff...I'm hoping that's also temporary.

The best thing about this is, I've at least been able to get some work done from home via VPN. The worst thing about this is, I haven't been able to make any progress on packing. I don't think I've mentioned it on here before, but I'm moving a week from Saturday to a new apartment. I suppose my one saving grace is that I don't have very much to pack in the first place, so I've got that going for me.

Luckily, I believe I'm making progress healthwise, and might be able to resume some life normalcy tomorrow. I'll never be so happy to return to work as I will be when I get back in from this crap...

I missed my "What I'm Playing" post for the week, so I'll just add it in here. I tried some Castlevania from XBLA, and it seems decent so far. Haven't really paid a lot of attention to it yet, but it should remain in the rotation until it gets beaten.

I've also downloaded the Oblivion expansion "Shivering Isles" and began that. In playing that initially, I've found out how much my playing style has changed since I started Oblivion last year. When I started out, I would try to find some way to keep from killing regular townspeople if it could be avoided. I would pretty much let the guards handle their business if I was ever attacked for something, and save my weapons for more meaningful pursuits.

However, now I find myself just offing denizens of the Isles with impunity. I've already completed three side quests which had me kill townsfolk "just because". One guy I pushed off the top of the palace while a guard stood 10 feet away. Another I murdered in silence whilst he prayed in the chapel. My gall knows no bounds.

1 comment:

Jander said...

Man I just don't know if I want to get back into Oblivion. I like it at the time and all but man I dunno. I think I have plenty of other stuff to play anyway.