Sunday, August 19, 2007

Achy Breaky Back


So, another weekend, another hurt...this time physical.

I decided I wanted to move my living room around to make better use of what space I have. Now, I had been offered assistance in this endeavor, and in hindsight it would have been good to call up on that offer.

I awoke yesterday (Saturday) morning fairly early...I wanted to get up at 9 to buy my game ticket for the Jaguars season opener, as it was the last transaction I needed to finish in prep for my Florida trip in a few weeks. After purchasing my ticket, I decided to go do a couple errands.

One of those errands was to go purchase a pair of swim trunks, for next weekend's whitewater tubing ride for my friend's birthday. Not exactly my cup o' tea, but I was going to make the most of it. I even learned my first song on the guitar...Happy Birthday. Hopefully Warner won't sue me for that one.

Anyway, I get home and decide to go ahead and make a go at moving my furniture around. Well, my back had other thoughts, and neglected to let me in on them until it was far too late. I have a big box of movies in my living room, and wanted to move it out of the way. So, foolishly, I bend over to pick it up, attempt to stand straight and BOOM. Searing pain, wobbly legs and whole lotta yelling. Not good times.

So, this weekend has been a big pain...quite literally. I'm not looking forward to this coming week. I was able to take enough pain medication to get myself to CVS and purchase some Icy Hot and Thermacare back patches, so I can at least get to work.

Last time I had back pain like this, it stuck around for a few weeks. I'm hoping that's not the case this time around, but I'm not optimistic...

So, how was your weekend?

No comments: