Sunday, December 2, 2007

Events of the weekend...

So, this weekend, my company held it's annual Holiday Party at the Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum by Dulles. I had never attended the event in my many years with the company, but figured I would give it a go this year. I was also able to get a hot date to go with me, which helped the decision...she rocks, even with static cling ;)

I had never been to the museum, and the place is huge. Planes suspended from the ceiling, some fairly odd looking. Of course, the first thing we did as we entered (running the final hundred feet to the front door due to the cold) is scan the scene and see what's happening around the building. They have a pretty good setup...well-stocked bars setup all over the place, and tables of food (pasta, meat, desserts) located close to each other. It was all pretty nice.

As the night moved on, we eventually ran into my friend Jander and his girlfriend when they showed up, so we hung with them for a bit. Also found where my co-workers congregated, so hung around there as well.

After this, we moved over to the tables surrounding the dance floor, as Kelly's feet were starting to complain. Now, the chairs around these tables were some of the weirdest I have ever seen. They were these hydraulic, plastic seat jobs with no friction whatsoever...if you moved at all, you started slipping off.

After people watching for a bit, we decided to take a little tour of the museum. After this, we caught the Imax movie...and flick about helicopters and why they're so cool. It was decent enough (especially for being free). This pretty much wrapped up the party for us, as closing time was 11:30. We didn't get to leave, however, until some embarrassment (at least for me) that I won't go into here...the whole ride home was a conversation that I wasn't prepared to have.

So, it was a nice party. First time I ever saw my best friend in a fancy pants tux, so that was something...his girl looked good too. Of course, the girl I was with looked great...everyone looked top notch. Good times were had by all...

Today, I wake up early to try and take care of some Xmas shopping. I'm off to Best Buy a good hour fifteen before opening, and I pull into the parking lot to a line that extends around the front of the building, along the side past the auto installation area. I decided to avoid that scene after all. So I actually go and get some breakfast for the first time in forever, and head over to my folks place to watch the Jags lose to the Colts...boo.

That pretty much brings me up to date...time for the usual weekend administrative duties.

So, until next time, screw Flanders...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.