Wednesday, October 24, 2007

State of Bryan

I think I'm at a crossroads in my life. I've been working at the same place for going on eight years...toiling away at pretty much nothing of significance, all the while just trying to latch onto something each day to keep me from losing it. I'm usually able to find something to get me going, but some days I just don't wanna face things.

It's just that nothing in my life is very exciting. Go to work, come home, watch some TV, maybe practice some guitar, eat and sleep...wow, what a fun time that is day in and day out. Maybe if I actually enjoyed going out to clubs. Maybe if I didn't over-think everything so I wind up doing nothing.

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine told me I analyze everything like crazy. While she was (kinda) joking, it's really true. When I'm faced with anything that I haven't been through before, I usually over-analyze and sweat the details...to the point where, even if I should be having a good time, I don't. I've been that way since I can remember, and I don't know if I can change...

I'm taking a training class at our HQ office in McLean this week. It's a network certification class, to get prepped to get the Network+ cert. Is that something I really want to get into? I dunno...probably not. It's just another marketing tool, pretty much. Maybe it will lead to more money, maybe it won't. Hope it does...I could sure use the extra cash.

Anyway, my 28th birthday is coming in a few weeks...I don't remember when it happened, but birthdays really don't mean crap to me anymore. It's just another day...just happens to be a day where you might get stuff from other people. Maybe it's because I prefer to actually give the gifts then to receive them. Don't get me wrong, it's great to get free stuff from family and friends, but sometimes I just feel weird with people spending money on me. I also feel bad this year as far as my gift giving goes, because I don't have the available resources that I used to. So, this is gonna be a down year for birthdays and Xmas from me...just a heads up to the folks reading this blog ;/

Until next time, screw Flanders...

P.S...just for clarification, I'm not saying my life sucks. I just want a change, but I'm not sure what the change should be...

2 comments:

krcrafts said...

Don't know how you're related to me! Birthdays(esp your own!) should be a day to CELEBRATE!!! :) And don't sweat the gift giving....simple is good :)

Anonymous said...

HELLO MR BRYAN BAKER.......my name is Bryan Baker...haha I'm from St.cloud Minnesota, I have some interesting information I think you should put your eyeballs on......I know this is weird but honestly life can be weird sometimes.....so cantact me....I'm bryker21@yahoo.com